This summer many of us might have to stay at home. When I read in a magazine about this new word “staycation” I thought it was a good idea. In that magazine says that if it happens and you have to stay home, it doesn’t have to be something bad — we can even turn it into something good, and really enjoy it. Today, some simple but nice ideas!
1. The most important thing is to have holiday spirit. That will make you have the perfect holiday. Put the world on hold: turn off your phone, do an “out of the office” message on your email, skip the news for a week. Even if you have access to it, why not stay away during the vacation.
2. Go on a picnic. Prepare a beautiful basket, with good food, and make a party outdoors in the wood or the beach. That would make it so special.
3. Be a local tourist in your own town. Sometimes we do not take notice of the beauty of our towns just because we live there. Approach your city like a tourist and do all those things tourists do while in town. It is almost certain that you’ll learn and see amazing things.
4. Learn something new. With the long days and the holidays you can find some time to do something you couldn’t do during the winter. I want to learn to knit this summer!.
5. Look for shows and concerts that are happening in your town. Those you don’t usually go because they are late and you work the next day!.
Nico in a concert in La Laboral (Spain) last year
6. Treat yourself with some extra spending. Order food from your favorite restaurant and invite your friends to a lovely dinner in your house! And let yourself do extra expenses like go to the cinema, enjoy cafes, and terraces… without feeling guilty.
7. Get your house cleaned for you and forget about daily tasks. Not having to make the beds, do laundry or dust will just make a big difference!.
8. Take a camping trip in your own backyard or your livingroom. Kids will feel as if they were in the other part of the world.
9. Enjoy mornings in your own house. Most of the year we rush, sometimes even in the weekends. Spend some time at your house with no hurry, play your favourite music, plan the day, have long and relaxed breakfast…
10. And if life gives you lemons… make lemonade!. With tons of sugar, please!
I wish you all enjoy your holidays, wether at home or not!
I love the word Staycation! Fun! Love your suggestions xxx
Inspiring thoughts….thank you!
i LOVE this list Maria! i am also having a vacation at home this year (due to baby bump and saving money for our new house!) i’m crossing off the ones i’ve done and making sure to add the ones i haven’t.