Last week I had the pleasure of spending the weekend in Paris — such fun to hang out with Emilie, go for a bit of shopping and of course visit one of the best children’s fairs around: Playtime!! Here’s a short recap of some of the wonderful things, brands and people we saw — not all of course, that would be virtually impossible — there was such an overload of gorgeous discoveries to be made and interesting people to meet!
- We were excited to discover Garbo & Friends, a new Swedish brand with the cutest illustrations and wonderful bedding products (and more). Their first collection will be launched in December, so stay tuned!
- Always fun to see Dana from Tannhäuser, and her new collection is so fresh and original — excited to see it in the stores next summer.
- Loved the new bright coloured swaddles from aden + anais (those swaddles are so versatile, you can even wear them as a cool scarf)!
- Anette from Apünktchen told us her she launched her online boutique — at last! We love those cool hats!
- Sweet, the dolls Jess Brown designed for Atsuyo et Akiko!
- It was fun to see Yanina from Aravore, and what a gorgeous collection she had to show us!
- Carla from Bobo Choses was as busy as ever in her stand, and rightly so — her new collection is as fresh as always — and we love the perfumes!
- We loved to see the direction the girls from Elfie are taking, and we were again SO impressed by their homemade cookies!
- Lovely to see Dan and Zoe from Hucklebones in Paris, with another gorgeous collection!
- Excited to meet Wendy Mullin from Built by Wendy. We really, really liked her first children’s wear collection.
Ketiketa must be one of our favourite French brands — such beautiful bedding (and Emilie and I had fun making patters on fabric with the Ketiketa stamps later that night)!
- Finally we saw the Coral & Tusk collection ‘live’ — it’s even more beautiful than on the screen. Such lovely details!
- Loved chatting with Merel from cool Dutch brand Kidscase — and I was so tempted by their baby collection…
- Fun to see Nickey from Elias and Grace, and she got it right again with her new collection for Miller!