Isn’t it just the best to be warm and toasty, and to know that you and your family can play outside for hours no matter the cold weather?
We wanted to keep you warm with our favourite winter thermal base layers. We value these brands because they are comfy, soft, wash well, are breathable, double up as pyjamas and last wear after wear even going from older child to the younger ones! We all have our trusted and tried brands, and hopefully these will be enjoyed by your family as well.
Thermal Layering Favourites:
- This Engel bodysuit has been our staple for 5 months and we would still squeeze Joseph in it if we could. We love MamaOwl‘s colour selection in natural white, ocean blue and cherry red. The soft fabric is perfect for baby’s skin because it is a silk and merino wool blend which is breathable too. – Lara in London
- Smalls. Two of our team rave about these cosy basics made from 100% superfine merino wool. Machine wash these on 40C and tumble dry, and they stay in such excellent shape. They last for years, going from one child to the next, and the children use them as PJs and long underwear. –Esther and Helen
- When Delia was younger, I loved the merino separates from Nature Baby in New Zealand. They’re incredibly soft, wash up well, and the pants have long cuffs for folding up or down to extend wear. You can also get footed pants for the tiniest littles. –Shannon
- I love the staple Petit Bateau underwear pieces and long johns for simplicity and easy washing. – Kate
- Goat-Milk are absolutely faultless! So comfy and forever lasting. Both my girls use these as pj’s as well as under clothes when it’s super cold here in Scotland. Helena could not have been without hers when she went on her survival camp. I’d buy these always! – Vanessa
- These merino wool Windmill long johns are so, so soft (and cute too!). Perfect for pajamas or base layers. – Courtney
ps The sweet photo above is from Esther while on a skiing trip last year. Her cute kids are all wearing Smalls!