Simple Stone Fruit Tart

stone fruit tart
I stumbled upon this image on Pinterest a couple days ago and knew immediately what I wanted to do with the bowl full of peaches and nectarines on my kitchen counter and the ready-rolled puff pastry in my freezer. So easy! I quickly wrote down the  simple recipe and decided to make it that evening with all my little kitchen helpers. It was really a team effort – Easton helped fold the sides of the pastry and painted on the egg yolk, Quin sprinkled the sugar and helped cut the peaches, Ivy poured the honey and Marlow snuck bites of fruit while we worked. : )

Marlow making fruit tart

peaches, nectarines and apricots

Here’s the recipe:

-1 puff pastry sheet
-3 cups of stone fruit, sliced (we used peaches, nectarines, and apricots)
-3 tablespoons of honey
-1 tablespoon of lemon juice
-1 egg, lightly beaten
-granulated sugar for sprinkling

Heat oven to 190° C (375° F). Place baking sheet in oven to heat up. Place the puff pastry on parchment paper. Fold in edge of puff pastry towards center to create a half inch border; set aside. In a bowl toss fruit, honey and lemon juice. Remove heated baking sheet from oven. Place puff pastry on bake sheet. Pour fruit mixture on top. Brush border with lightly beaten egg and sprinkle sugar over the egg.
Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown. Enjoy!

fruit tart, eaten

We ended up eating the tart before dinner because none of us had the willpower to wait!

xx Courtney

p.s. Recipe based on this one found on Bakers Royale.

1. catherine | July 3, 2014 | Reply

Lovely photos. I wouldn’t have waited either – these things are best eaten straight out of the oven! I have some rolled puff pastry in my freezer too, so I think I know what I’ll be doing this weekend ;)

2. Lisa | July 3, 2014 | Reply

This is one of my favorite things! Nothing like a fresh fruit tart in the summertime.

3. lis | July 3, 2014 | Reply

Thanks so much for having share the recipe as I’ve asked on instagram. ;-)
I’ll try it asap…
Greetings from Italy.

4. Jen | July 4, 2014 | Reply

Fantastic!! Thanks for sharing! Love how it was a family effort!

5. Claire | July 4, 2014 | Reply

Thanks for posting this – very timely. We are moving house and my kitchen is completely packed up, however, the oven still works and, with a bit of improvisation on tools, we managed to make a plum tart from fruit which I bought on a whim and some puff pastry left over in the freezer both of which would otherwise have been destined for the bin!

6. Esther in Amsterdam | July 5, 2014 | Reply

It looks so pretty!!! x

7. Ivana | July 5, 2014 | Reply

add some crunched amaretti next time! do it, seriously.. they taste so good together!!

8. Ivana | July 5, 2014 | Reply

uh, I meant crushed not crunched..!

9. Mary | July 10, 2014 | Reply

I made this tonight and it went down a treat. I used just nectarines and cherries and added a little vanilla extract and star anise too -just left one in with the fruit while I dealt with the pastry. I was delighted the base wasn’t soggy – thinking making the baking hot first helped. Thank you for sharing! x