Ivy and Marlow’s bedroom on Apartment Therapy

I was recently asked to share some photos and answer some design questions for a nursery tour over on Apartment Therapy. If you’re interested, you can see some photos of Ivy and Marlow’s shared bedroom here.

Their room has such a random collection of odds and ends: an old dresser, a hand-me-down cot, a vintage chair and other pieces we had no other place for. We ended up using an apple crate for Ivy’s bedside table because we didn’t have anything else to use, and we never quite got up the courage to hang the art pieces, so they just sit on the fireplace mantle. To me, it’s a bit of a hodgepodge of stuff, so I’m very flattered they’ve called it a ‘charming vintage haven’. : )

xx Courtney

1. Catherine | February 5, 2014 | Reply

It’s funny how we don’t perceive the spaces we inhabit as others do. But I think you have a natural talent for putting things together, objects and colours that complement each other. So, although you call it a ‘hodgepodge’, it really does look wonderful and inspiring!

2. Courtney in London | February 6, 2014

Thank you Catherine. xx

3. Victoria | February 5, 2014 | Reply

Just gorgeous! May I ask where the wooden toy chest is from? x

4. Courtney in London | February 6, 2014

Hi Victoria,
We have had that wooden chest for so long I can’t remember where we bought it now! I’m so sorry!

5. Gina | February 5, 2014 | Reply

Gorgeous as your girls! The nursery of every girl’s dreams!

6. Sandy | February 6, 2014 | Reply

Gorgeous! Where did you get those lovely hangers (for the tutus) from Courtney?

7. Courtney in London | February 6, 2014

Hi Sandy,
The tree-branch hangers come from a little boutique in Paris, and I don’t know the name of them. I’m so sorry! I found a link for a shop that sells them online years ago, but they’re no longer available from that shop anymore. Sorry I can’t be more help! x

8. milla | February 6, 2014

Hi Sandy,
I found similar branch hangers here: http://www.shoponyourdoorstep.com/SearchResults.asp?searching=Y&sort=4&search=hanger&show=15&page=2
Good Luck!
@Courtney: I love the wooden clock on Ivy’s nightstand. Would you mind telling me the brands name?
Thanks a lot,x

9. Toni | February 6, 2014 | Reply

Lovely! But where do you keep all their clothes?

10. Courtney in London | February 6, 2014

Hi Toni,
All of Ivy’s clothes are in that wooden dresser in the corner. And Marlow’s clothes are in a dresser just outside their room in the hallway. Both of the dressers are quite rammed full and we will probably need a better solution soon, especially as they’re growing and their clothes are getting bigger. x

11. Jaime | March 27, 2014 | Reply

Beautiful! Can I ask where you purchased Ivy’s bed from? It looks bigger than a single size, I’m looking for a double (or close to it) and it’s almost impossible to find a stylish one! Yours is perfect :) x

12. Courtney in London | March 27, 2014

Hi Jaime,
We also had a difficult time finding a larger (double or queen sized) bed for Ivy, so we designed one ourselves and asked a joiner to make it for us. It turned out to be less expensive than buying one of the nicer options! x

13. Jaime | March 27, 2014 | Reply

Thanks so much for your reply Courtney, what a great idea! It had never occurred to me to do this but it should be easy to accomplish as my husband’s best friend is a joiner/cabinet maker. x