The ShopUp, a recap in photos

Balloons, buggies, bunting and lots of great shopping!

Individual shops, each with their own little shopfront.

Children admiring the many great toys! And the fabulous mini brass band, Big Gilbert & the Little Angels, playing in the background.

A little one admiring the band.

A freestyle drawing by Anorak Magazine, later to be coloured in by all the children.

Fabulous shops! So many to choose from!

So many great temporary tattoo designs from Tattyoo!

Mum and daughter doing their holiday shopping.

Little boy and with his balloon and candy necklace.

A happy little girl with her ShopUp balloon.

A father with his darling daughters, watching the band play.

Anorak colouring wall…. all coloured in!

A dad reading to his son at the Big Picture Press book shop.

The ShopUp in sidewalk chalk.

Mum and her baby girl getting an ice cream cone from the Ruby Violet van parked outside.

Families in the café.

Colouring crayons and paper on all the café tables.

Maud Fontein taking photos of the most adorable families!

A little girl getting her nails painted by the Little Bu team.

Courtney and Esther enjoying a bit of fresh air outside the venue.

Happy visitors leaving The ShopUp, and lots of colourful bunting from Hip Hooray.

We just received these photos back from the photographer and we loved them all so much that we couldn’t edit down a smaller selection. We’re so happy he captured all the different elements and details, and it’s so fun for us to see photos of people enjoying themselves at the event. I hope you don’t mind that we’ve shared so many; we think it really sums everything up so nicely.

The ShopUp was a big success and we couldn’t be more thrilled! We are so thankful to everyone who came – it was so lovely meeting so many new people, talking to our readers and seeing familiar faces. We are also so proud of all of our shops for setting up such beautiful, individual boutiques and for making this whole event such a success. It was fun for us to bring our online business to life — to watch customers shop in the flesh, to see all the gorgeous products so thoughtfully displayed and to see how well received they were by the visitors. This is something we have planned for so long and worked so hard to achieve, and we really enjoyed watching it all come to life over the two days.

A big, big thank you to everyone involved!

Lots of love,
xx Courtney, Esther & Emilie

p.s. All photos by Simon Evans.

1. Sandra S. | December 4, 2013 | Reply

Well done, ladies, for putting together such a wonderful event! LOVE the Anorak wall, and the rest of the festive, child-friendly touches, and of course the lovely selection of shops. Any chance of hosting a similar event in Amsterdam?!

2. Gina | December 4, 2013 | Reply

I don’t have kids (I’m 21!) but I’d love to be there cause everything seems so beautiful! I really loved the Anorak colouring wall, and I’m planning to buy the In the Forest Supersized Colouring Picture by Kek Amsterdam you showed some posts ago for my little cousins (it was a total crush… I’m also considering buying one for myself, cause I didn’t have this as a little girl).

3. catherine | December 4, 2013 | Reply

This looks like SUCH fun! I would have the Anorak colouring wall in my house, and I’m 24!

4. Emilie | December 4, 2013 | Reply

It was soo much fun!

5. Katie | December 4, 2013 | Reply

Will you be posting all the photos in an album on Facebook? Would love to see if there were any of my friend and her daughter

6. Sarah | December 4, 2013 | Reply

Hi Courtney
It really was such a lovely event and great to meet you in the flesh!
I’m only kicking myself now about all the things I didn’t buy that I wish I had, aswell as loving the things I did!
Here’s to the next one!!
Sarah xx

7. Meaghan Roozen | December 4, 2013 | Reply

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

8. Polona | December 4, 2013 | Reply

Wonderful photos! I wish I could’ve been there but I kind of feel like I was just looking at the photos minus the shopping though :/

9. Sophie | December 4, 2013 | Reply

Thank you so much. It was a lovely afternoon with such amazing attention to detail and some great discoveries for me. My daughter Lula is the happy little girl with the balloon. Would love to see any more photos you have….

10. Charlotte Saye | December 4, 2013 | Reply

So fab to be a part of such a great event. x

11. Lauren | December 5, 2013 | Reply

Looks fabulous! Wish we had something like this in CA:/

12. Siobhán | December 5, 2013 | Reply

I was really excited for you all coming up to the event and the photos show that it looked absolutely amazing, so many different elements, the entertainment for the children, the live music, etc. – a truly unique shopping experience. Wish I could have been there! Well done to you!

13. Joanna | December 5, 2013 | Reply

what fun! next time in Amsterdam please!

14. Yellow Lolly Ellie | December 9, 2013 | Reply

I had such a lovely morning saying Hi to our Babyccino shop buddies and being a customer, thank you.
I managed to get everything for our kids’ stockings too. Result!
Well done for organising such a great event, ladies.
x Ellie

15. Caramel at Shop Up! | Caramel Baby & Child blog | December 10, 2013 | Reply

[...] had a lovely few days last week at Babyccino Kids Shop Up event. Pictured above a little visitor wearing our beautiful Bartley dress in the Martina Burwood [...]

16. Lili | January 4, 2014 | Reply

Hello – just seen this post and seen the pic of my little Lexie watching the band! Second the comment wondering if you’ll post more pics from the event on your facebook. We had a wonderful time thank you!