My house, featured on Design Mom

The wonderfully kind and thoughtful Gabrielle from Design Mom has featured my home, and an interview about our family life, in her Living With Kids blog series today.  What I love about this series is that she asks such thought provoking questions — she really tries to draw out the kind of answers that give a genuine glimpse of each family’s day to day life. She goes beyond the usual ‘where did you buy that sofa’ type of question and really delves deep. (I nearly had tears in my eyes as I typed my answers out!)

I am extremely flattered to have been invited for the interview and to be included among so many other great families and homes in this series. You can see the photos of my home and read my answers here. Thank you Gabrielle!

x Courtney

1. Emilie | October 1, 2013 | Reply

Such a great post. I do love your home! x

2. Polona | October 1, 2013 | Reply

What an amazing house Courtney – one of the most gorgeous ones I’ve seen! Can I please move in? :)
And how do you keep it so tidy? Please tell me you have help, please!

3. Courtney in London | October 4, 2013

You are so sweet Polona! Thank you. And yes, I have a housekeeper who cleans once a week and helps watch the kids two other days a week. I really don’t know how I would stay sane without her!! x

4. se7en | October 1, 2013 | Reply

Oh I love that… so so brilliant!!!

5. Engracia | October 1, 2013 | Reply

Wonderful family home Courtney, so kind of you to share some glimpses. Have a wonderful day.

6. Gina | October 2, 2013 | Reply

Gorgeous home for a gorgeous family. I love every single pic you and Michael share on Instagram. Adamos, you’re lovely.

7. Courtney in London | October 4, 2013

Gina,
You’re so so lovely to say that! Thank you. xx

8. Cath | October 2, 2013 | Reply

I loved the article and followed it here. But I would also like to ask, ahem, where did you get that sofa???

9. Courtney in London | October 4, 2013

Cath,
The sofa came from a friend who was re-decorating her home and was getting rid of it!! I very happily agreed to take it off her hands. :) Unfortunately I don’t know where it came from originally. Sorry I can’t be more helpful. xx

10. Lindsey | October 2, 2013 | Reply

I love this! Love your home, your style and those thoughtful answers. xx

11. Meaghan Roozen | October 2, 2013 | Reply

Court,
I think your answers were so genuine and beautifully written. It really felt like you! Of course I love your home and the pictures were perfect. Love you to bits!

Xx

12. Christine | October 3, 2013 | Reply

Courtney

You have a beautiful home. Great article. Would you mind sharing where you source your baskets? I’m fed up tripping over cars/animals/lego!

13. Courtney in London | October 4, 2013

Hi Christine,
I think I’m a bit of a basket nut. I have sooo many! I have gotten them from so many different places. I’ve picked up baskets in the US when I’m home for the summers, from other places in Europe, etc.
I wrote up a post about where I got some of my baskets here:

Hope that helps! x

14. Lisa | October 3, 2013 | Reply

your house is really fabulous – love the layout of the rooms and little baskets in every room . Your answers were lovely – lucky kids….but have to say i’m so impressed by your wardrobe size and how neat it is !- I’m inspired – big clean out and leaner wardrobe from now on – thanks for sharing

15. Courtney in London | October 4, 2013

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for your sweet comment!
Yes, less is more, less is more, less is more!!! :) x

16. martine | October 5, 2013 | Reply

Hi Courtney loved your article you have such a beautiful home and family.What I loved the most were your comments about how you want to raise siblings who enjoy each other which you seem to be a beautiful job of,I,m a mama of three and two of my kids who are 18 months apart can not get along.I was wondering if you had any words of wisdom to share on the sibling relationship topic .thanks

17. Francesca | October 6, 2013 | Reply

Hi – what a beautiful house! I absolutely love the pops of colour. Can I ask what paint you used for the sitting room please? I’ve been trying to find that exact colour – not quite white but not proper grey – for ages. Thanks!

18. Elizabeth | October 9, 2013 | Reply

I got a little choked up reading it. Your family, your home and your philosophy on parenting is so lovely. Thank you for giving a glimpse into your life.

19. Martina | January 23, 2014 | Reply

I never wanted kids. But now when I get a bit older. You really make me want to settle down and get some of my own! Love your pinterest. You are a huge inspiration!