With 6 people in the house, we have to deal with a lot of coats, scarfs, hats, shoes and boots in our tiny little entrance area. It’s so difficult to keep this area in some sort of order! This is how we organise our entrance at the moment (suggestions are welcome of course!):
- A coat rack installed on kid’s height — so they can hang their own coats.
- A second coat rack installed above coat rack number one, with 4 baskets hanging from it. One for each child — for (sun)hats, scarfs, mittens, shinguards, helmets etc.
- Underneath the coats — pull out shoe storage.
- On the wall — chalkboard wall stickers with the children’s sports and music classes
- I keep sunscreen and umbrellas next to the door as well as a mental reminder to bring them if necessary