Rasselfisch Cots

I went to visit the Rasselfisch boutique in Stuttgart a few weeks ago and kind of wished there wasn’t a certain someone waiting for me in the car because I would have ended up with a lot more than only a couple of things. It’s one of loveliest boutiques I’ve ever seen. Full of little treats in every corner — I had to use all of my moderate-shopping strength!

And there is something I saw and just can’t get out of my mind – the most darling vintage inspired baby cots which are actually their own creations. They are divine!

The cots are made of a light wood called MDF and custom made in Germany. The height can be adapted to the parents’ bed height and you can also choose your preferred colour and type of bed – with legs, with rockers, with wheels — there’s even a co-sleeping cot bed. It’s true, beds of this size (80×40 cm or 90×50 cm) don’t last that long but they have also thought this part through – you can buy a matching lid and turn the bed into a toy storage (or the co-sleeping one into one gorgeous looking kids’ book case). Perfect or what?

– Polona

1. Esther in Amsterdam | May 14, 2013 | Reply

Oh I love these cots!!! What a great find Polona!

2. Meryl @ Expat Travels | May 14, 2013 | Reply

Oooh, but what colour? I love them all. I actually thought they were doll’s cradles at first!

3. Courtney in London | May 14, 2013 | Reply

Love these! Great find. xx

4. Polona | May 14, 2013 | Reply

Esther and Courtney – thanks! I’m really happy you like them – I fell in love instantly and decided I’m not even thinking about another baby without getting one! :) Meryl – I’d go for the orange it’s gorgeous! And I thought of giving it to Tila as a doll cot after my (still imaginary) baby wouldn’t fit in it anymore!

5. Christy | May 14, 2013 | Reply

Sadly, I am done with my babies, but would totally buy one as a doll cot!! What a fantastic find.

6. Marisa | December 29, 2013 | Reply

Hello
I was also worried about my baby’s cradle materials: wood, mattresses, fabrics, all of which can have harmful emissions if done poorly.
I found this Italian company that uses for mattresses, cotton and spelled chaff, and makes very nice cradles and cots.