A Fairy Princess Party

It was Ivy’s birthday yesterday and she had a few friends over after school to help her celebrate. I have decided to embrace the girly princess stage she’s in right now, and so we had a proper Fairy Princess Party complete with lots of princess dresses, pink balloons… and fairy wings!

I didn’t plan any games for them to play — I simply let them dress up and run around the garden.  It’s amazing what fun they can have with some simple balloons and some imaginative play. (And it helps that the weather was nice enough for them to be outside.)

The fairy wings were a big success! The girls loved ‘flying’ around the garden with them, and it was a special thing for them to take home from the party (rather than a goodie bag or party favours).

You can buy the fairy wings from Belle Enfant — they are handmade in metallic gold fabric and have soft elastic straps to keep them in place. So cute and really such a big hit with the 4-year-old girls!

x Courtney

1. Emilie | May 14, 2013 | Reply

They look so cute and I love the idea of giving away just one thing as opposed to lots of sweets and little bits and pieces.

2. Marta | May 14, 2013 | Reply

These wings look fantastic! For the last birthday party, I gave cookie cutters to the guests, the parents were grateful, and the children were surprised, although I think they secretly expected sweets, ha, ha The idea of giving wings is great! Well done!

3. Polona | May 14, 2013 | Reply

Oh my the girls are soo cute and I’m not even going to mention your garden – well I guess I already did! I’m jealous I confess!

4. Polona | May 14, 2013 | Reply

Sorry – I admit! My brain is slowly going into sleep mode…

5. Christy | May 14, 2013 | Reply

Your garden is absolutely stunning and the party looks like it was so sweet. The wings are a great idea for a party favor (and if you ask me, much better than a 99 cent piece of junk that will either break or be tossed in a day anyhow). Hope your daughter had a great birthday!

6. kirsteen | May 14, 2013 | Reply

Love this idea! So nice that the girls could take the wings home to keep :)

7. Engracia | May 14, 2013 | Reply

What a great idea with the wings. My Luke is turning 8 this Sat and I am wracking my brain about the party favours bags, I don’t want to give too much junk food or trash toys. Agh!

8. Esther in Amsterdam | May 15, 2013 | Reply

It all looks so cute!!

9. gabrielle | May 15, 2013 | Reply

beautiful party and happy birthday to your lovely little girl. another nice idea for party treats is a pot plant that’s yet to bloom.

10. randi | May 15, 2013 | Reply

i think you just won the award for best party ever! i totally love the idea!

11. Sandra | May 15, 2013 | Reply

The wings are gorgeous but quite expensive??!
Can’t see myself spending £36 per child on a favour to take home!?

12. Courtney in London | May 16, 2013

Hi Sandra,
Yes, the wings are expensive for a party gift. But I tried to rationalise the expense by not spending any money on hiring a location or an entertainer or by doing any prizes for games or anything fancy. The only expense for the whole party was the wings – and they made the party! They provided the entertainment for the girls AND they made for a cute little present for the girls to take home.
Instead of doing goodie bags filled with little (and often poorly made) toys which will end up in landfill, I like to give the kids one nice gift. I usually do a book, or a Schleich animal or something like that. I don’t normally spend £30 something on a goodie bag gift.
Anyway… just wanted to share my thoughts and reasoning behind the wings. :)
xx Courtney

13. Bar | May 16, 2013 | Reply

Oh my gosh, what a lovely simple party. I cherished those princess days…girls are so sweet and easy. My son is having a treasure hunt party next weekend…oh the planning! I wish I could just do this. Thank you for sharing :)

14. Catherine | May 21, 2013 | Reply

I really love the reasoning behind buying the wings and also that there were 4 guests, great idea! It looks a sweet and lovely party. Can I ask where Ivy’s dress is from? Have been looking for something similar!

15. Courtney in London | May 21, 2013

Hi Catherine,
Ivy’s dress is from Tutu du Monde. We are HUGE fans of her tutus in our family. You can find them here: http://www.tutudumonde.com/
xx

16. Kate | May 21, 2013 | Reply

Hi Courtney, do you mind me asking if you created your magical garden or did you find it like that? I would love a garden like that but in Sydney, Australia I’m not sure it’s going to be possible. Kate

17. Courtney in London | May 21, 2013

Hi Kate,
You’re so sweet to ask about the garden. My husband is a very keen gardener. He’s out there every chance he gets!
But also… when we bought the house, the garden was very run over by ivy and other plants. He has cut a lot of it back, but I think it’s the ‘overgrown’ quality that makes it so lovely. Like a secret garden! xx

18. Belle Enfant, Junior Design Award winner « Babyccino Kids: Daily tips, Children's products, Craft ideas, Recipes & More | June 13, 2013 | Reply

[...] p.s. Belle Enfant is also the designer of those fairy wings I had at Ivy’s birthday. [...]

19. A Flower Fairy 5th Birthday « Babyccino Kids: Daily tips, Children's products, Craft ideas, Recipes & More | May 15, 2014 | Reply

[...] Remember Ivy’s Fairy Princess party last year? I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since then! YOU MAY ALSO [...]