Hunter Boots

When you live in the UK, rain boots are serious business. They aren’t just an accessory for the odd rainy day, but a necessity year round. Even at the children’s schools they’re required to have a pair of wellies on hand for wet, rainy days… which means that all of my children have a pair of wellies at home and a pair at school. I even have a few extra pairs in the back of our car! And of course my husband and I each have a pair as well.

Over the years I have bought many different pairs of wellies from many different brands and I’ve come to the conclusion that the Hunter boots are the best bang for your buck. They’re not the cheapest but the quality is really good. And unlike other boots which quickly get holes in the toes or soles, the Hunter boots have nice thick soles which are sturdy and which also provide good traction for slippery surfaces. Boots you can pass down from one child to the next!

Hunter recently sent a few pairs of boots for the kids from their colourful festival range, and as you can imagine – the kids love the fun, bright colours. (Ivy hasn’t taken her pink pair off in three days!) I keep catching a glimpse of the colourful boots in our back hall and it really does brighten things up around here.

x Courtney

1. Catherine | May 10, 2013 | Reply

Another great thing with kids Hunters is they are just that bit taller than other boots, less chance of wet feet when paddling!

2. Belén | May 10, 2013 | Reply

I’m from Barcelona and we put on our wellies two or three times only in winter so maybe I couldn’t speak so much, but I really love the brightness colours and I’m sure these makes a grey and rainy day a little bit happier!

3. se7en | May 10, 2013 | Reply

Oh these are so stunning!!! My kids long for boots, especially now that we are going into winter… but – no eight pairs is just gasp!!! I think we will admire them and pin them instead!!!

4. Pam | May 11, 2013 | Reply

Hi Courtney,
I’ve read this blog for a few years now and have so appreciated all your tips and recommendations. What has really struck me today is how much your kids have grown! My son was under 2 when I found your blog and now he’s 5. Suddenly realized how big he is, too!
BTW, does your son have the glow in the dark boots? If so, how bright are they in the dark? Are we talking stars on the ceiling glow or glowstick bright? Thanks so much!

5. Lindsey | May 11, 2013 | Reply

I agree – we’ve bought other brands before, but always come back to Hunter’s. They are the best!! And I love that they can be passed down too…

6. PARIS BEE kids blog | May 11, 2013 | Reply

Hunters are great. We also like little Aigle boots for children in France, the wellies are so cute.

xoxo PARIS BEE kids blog

7. Emilie | May 14, 2013 | Reply

Hunters are the best, though over here in Paris a lot of people have the Aigle ones!

8. Emilie | May 14, 2013 | Reply

P.S. Love Ivy’s skirt on the top photo!!