I keep thinking I have a couple of months left, but the reality is… that today I have only two weeks left until my due date! So it’s about time I prepared some things for the imminent arrival of our baby. This morning I packed my hospital bag. I must say I feel a bit more relaxed now!
So this is what I packed…
- Two long t-shirts (old and comfy ones, for giving birth)
- Two pairs of warm socks
- Long cardigan (instead of a night gown)
- Toiletries (tooth brush, stuff for contact lenses, hair brush, some samples with facial cream etc)
- Fancy shampoo and body wash for after delivery (because I will have deserved it)
- A tiny bit of make-up (just in case!)
- Hair ties
- Lip balm
- Some snacks (nuts, cookies, my favourite chocolate)
- A bottle of champagne (already looking forward to that!)
- Three pairs of black stretchy shorts/briefs (granny pants work too) — anything to keep those huge hospital sanitary pads in place! (I personally don’t like the disposable underwear very much…)
- Thinner sanitary pads
- Two feeding bras, breast pads, two easy-to-pull-down camisoles
- Nyp balm
- Clothes to go home in (socks, leggings, big long blouse, poncho)
- A coin for the wheel chair (I hope I won’t need it)
- Phone charger
- A note on the bag reminding me not to forget my glasses, phone and camera
That’s it. I hope I have thought of everything! Tell me — is there anything I missed??
PS Our old contributor Mo had scheduled C-sections for all her babies, and she always composed a birthing CD beforehand, with some of her favourite songs to play during delivery. Each of her three babies have their own ‘birth music’ — I think it’s a cute idea!