None of the rooms in our house have any built-in storage, so I have had to be creative in the way I store the kids’ toys and clothes. I have spent the past few years collecting cute baskets and crates to use as storage, and I actually think I prefer the baskets over proper storage cabinets — they add warmth and detail to children’s rooms and are an easy way for kids to access their toys. Anyway, I thought I would share some of my favourite basket finds with you.
- I bought a few of these felt wool baskets (pictured above) from Bobo Kids years ago, and I love how pretty they are. I use them for everything — storing hair accessories, socks, little toys, etc.
- I love these traditional Spanish woven baskets from Hedgehog Shop — I bought all the sizes and have them scattered around our house.
- We use this big double-handled basket for storing all the train tracks and train accessories. I like how big it is.
- I love these striped canvas baskets by Marie Michielssen — I have some plain white ones and they’re perfect for storing anything, or you can fold them up when not in use.
- I really like the shape of these rice baskets from Lantern Moon in the US.
- I love all the baskets at this Australian website. Wish they were in the UK!
- I bought some old apple crates from Ebay and use them to store books (see below) — they’re the perfect size!
I found other baskets at the Conran Shop here in London, but can’t seem to find any in their online shop. I’ve also found some good ones on Portobello Market, but you have to get lucky! What about you? Do you have a good place to buy baskets?