Slow cooking

I went back to full-time study a few weeks back and life has been hectic to say the least.  After my first week it became clear that my family could not live on fish and chips and spagetti on toast everynight of the week.  So I went out last weekend and bought a slow cooker (also known as a crockpot).  I have to say this new kitchen appliance is a life saver!  I can put my evening meal in it at breakfast time and by the time I come home my house smells of a lovely home cooked meal and all I need to do is dish it up. Not only does it cook casseroles, you can put whole chickens in there too! If you struggle to get a meal on the table in the evening I recommend this appliance even if you use it only a couple of nights a week.

Steph xo

1. Liveseygirl | May 25, 2012 | Reply

I love mine. Since the arrival of baby 2 I couldn’t do without it. You can put a whole joint of any meat. We had pork last night. Great stuff!

2. Heather Flores Cooking events Auckland | September 8, 2012

I love mine too. I bought it one year ago. And it is really nice one.

3. Erika | May 25, 2012 | Reply

I can’t live without mine too! Check out my blog for some yummy recipes.
xo
E

4. Steph | May 25, 2012

Thanks I’ll check it out!

5. Maria | May 25, 2012 | Reply

Ooh, maybe I do need one of these. I’ve always been scared that I’ll burn the house down, but I’m sure that doesn’t happen a lot, huh?

6. Steph | May 25, 2012

I sure hope not!!

7. Lucila | May 25, 2012 | Reply

A really cool option to the slow-cooker is the Wonderbag. Fantastic story behind it, too – check out their website: http://nb-wonderbag.com/consumer/homepage.

8. Steph | May 25, 2012

Wow I had never heard of these. Very interesting!

9. Shawn | May 25, 2012 | Reply

I love mine too. Made Chicken Tikka Masala in it last night and it was delish!

10. Stephanie in Auckland | May 29, 2012

Yum that sounds good!!!

11. Hadley | May 25, 2012 | Reply

I have one but have not been good about using (it came with no directions in box!) please share any recipes you’ve made and liked.

12. Stephanie in Auckland | May 29, 2012

The great thing about slow cookers is you can pretty much throw anything into it and it turns out yummy…well within reason! Yesterday I threw 5 lamb chops in it with a tin of tomatoes and some rosemary. When I dished it up the lamb was so tender it melted in my mouth. Tonight I prepared dinner for tomorrow night that I will turn on in the morning. I cut up beef, onions, carrots, grated a couple of apples put in a tin of tomatoes and some herbs a cup or so of red wine and look forward to the result tomorrow night! Just give it a go! I will post my favourite recipe next week :o)

13. Emilie in Paris | May 27, 2012 | Reply

I’ve always wanted one of these!

14. Stephanie in Auckland | May 29, 2012

Emilie you have to get one they are fantastic I can’t rave about them enough!

15. Nath | May 28, 2012 | Reply

I would love to see some posts with recipes for slow cooking…

16. Stephanie in Auckland | May 29, 2012

Keep reading then I will be posting my favourite recipe soon!

17. Sara | May 29, 2012 | Reply

I second that. I have a slow cooker collecting dust because I don’t have any ideas what to cook in it.

18. Chickpea, Kumara & Spinach Curry « Babyccino Kids: Daily tips, Children's products, Craft ideas, Recipes & More | September 5, 2012 | Reply

[...] a follow up to the post about my beloved slowcooker here is my current favourite recipe. Unfortunately, my kids don’t like it but its perfect for [...]