Potato Stamps

Last week I was so caught up with my sewing projects I forgot to write a post for you — so sorry! For my last project I decided to sew up some one-piece pajamas for the kids from some organic cotton I had. The kids and I collaborated — the kids got to choose the fabric color and an animal for the all over print, and then we created a potato stamp together.

As my daughter napped, my son and I got to work; we printed the all over pattern on the pajama fabric and it was so much fun we even stamped on a t-shirt. It was only later I had the idea to add little bow ties with a green sharpie pen.

If you are looking for a potato stamp tutorial, here’s one from one of my favourite blogs — Llevo el Invernio or here is a really easy tutorial by Homemade Serenity which uses cookie cutters. Careful it’s addictive — I had so much fun, and I now want to print everything in my home…

And if you are curious and would like to see what else I put together last week, everything is on my flickr.

-Celina

1. Traveling Mama | May 3, 2012 | Reply

This is just too cute!

2. Emilie | May 3, 2012 | Reply

Great idea! Looks like fun.

3. MO | May 3, 2012 | Reply

Hi Celina
I’m Mo – also a Babyccino contributor – hello! I just came on your Flickr to see your great sewing projects and saw the Pea Car in your photos – where did you spot it? – I was the Account Director that worked on making the ad (for Birds Eye peas) that this car was specially built for – I spent 3 fun days shooting the ad in the Dorset countryside – seeing the photo has bought back lots of happy memories!
Mo. x

4. Celina | May 3, 2012

Hello Mo, that photo is from one of my blog posts! I found it via pinterest which brought me to the prop makers website! I can imagine all the fun you had, I love this car! Is it functional? Here is the link to my blog post: http://petitapetitandfamily.blogspot.ca/2012/03/mishmash-friday-no16.html
Nice to meet you ;)

5. Polona from Baby Jungle | May 3, 2012 | Reply

OMG are you for real?! You should sell these!!! I’d buy one immediately!!!

6. Celina | May 4, 2012

Oh wow thanks! I do have some more fabric left over…

7. Polona from Baby Jungle | May 8, 2012 | Reply

You do? PLEASE send me an email if you’re up for making one by order!

8. Danielle | May 10, 2012 | Reply

Hi are you willing to share your pattern for these one piece pyjamas??
They are just what i am looking for!
Would be very much appreciated..
Thanks

9. Celina | May 11, 2012

Hello Danielle,
I don’t really use any patterns when I sew! But if you would like, I could sort of explain what I did… It’s pretty basic! Let me know and I’ll send you an email.

10. Danielle | May 11, 2012 | Reply

that would be great, I have a wee nephew with terrible eczema and he scratchs through his sleep. He is 6years old now and it is impossible to find a pattern that is tight fitting AND made of cotton for him to have a comfy night sleep in..
thank you once again.