Meri Meri Cupcake Toppers

Dina has written about the Meri Meri cupcake kits before, but I had no idea that you could get them in France! (I picked mine up at my favourite kid’s book shop in Paris, Enfant Lyre). I also had no idea that such a thing as a cupcake topper existed — the cupcake revolution is still very young here in France.

For Violette’s 3rd birthday, I went cupcake crazy and it was a massive success. The little Frenchies went crazy for this Anglo invasion of sweet treats. I think there is a future here for them…. I cannot wait for the time we will find cupcakes neatly lining the bakery shelves, right along side croissants and pains au chocolat.

-Emilie

1. Courtney in London | April 22, 2011 | Reply

I also just used the Meri Meri cupcake toppers for my son’s circus-themed birthday party. Very cute!

2. Jennifer | April 22, 2011 | Reply

Emilie,

I am guessing that you already know/know of Sugar Daze/Little Miss Cupcake?

Also, at Valentine’s Day, Lenotre was offering a two-cupcake “sweetheart” package for twelve Euros. Considering that the cupcakes did not look very good this seemed ridiculous.

Violette’s cupcakes, on the other hand, they look delicious. I am about to try to pull-off Barbapapa-shaped cakes for my older son’s school birthday. What recipe did you use for yours?

Jennifer

3. dina | April 22, 2011 | Reply

We got the same exact princess toppers in your picture for my girls 4th birthday! I love all the stuff from Meri Meri – I especially like their whole greeting card line…

4. emilie | April 22, 2011 | Reply

It was funny, the lady in the shop I bought the cupcake set said she regretted having ordered them because no one was buying them. Some how there is not market for them in France. Jennifer, I just typed vanilla and chocolate cupcakes into google and the joyofbaking.com website came up. They were delicious… what would you recommend?

5. Michele | April 25, 2011 | Reply

I made cupckes for my daughters third birthday party. They were also a big hit, except all the little French kids insisted on eating them with spoons! :)

6. Jennifer | April 25, 2011 | Reply

Emilie, for the past two years I have used Nigella Lawson’s recipe for fairy cakes via this blog: http://lick-the-spoon.blogspot.com/2005/07/fairy-cakes.html

You have to double or triple the recipe, but they were delicious. I think I used a different frosting though. This time I might need to make chocolate ones too (for Barbamama and Barbouille, but I am running out of time and thinking of just going back to heart-shapes instead of the Barbapapas–these are for tomorrow). I’ll check your recipe!