Since I was a little girl I have wanted to have my own home to decorate and since we started dreaming of owning this house (nearly 3 years ago — it’s a long story!) I have been spending my day-dream moments designing the kid’s room. From the off-set I knew which colour I wanted to go for and most people I told were not too keen on the idea. Thankfully my husband liked it and 2 weeks into having finished painting I can tell you that I am so happy with the choice.
We painted the walls in Farrow & Ball’s ‘Down Pipe’ with ‘All White’ ceilings and wood work. Whilst some people might have thought we were mad as March Hares I knew that the kid’s endless array of colourful toys and their bed-linen would be set off really well against the dark back-drop. Other room details:
- Music Box: My Son & daughter have one each as their Christening presents from us, they were bought at Pollocks in Covent Garden.
- Bunting: From a shop in Stockholm but I saw some lovely bunting here and Etsy has some great bunting.
- Balloon: Given to us by friends who bought it in Brazil but I found these which I think are beautiful..
- Cloud Lamp (daughter has orange, son has blue): from Ikea.
- Maileg red wooden pram with Maileg mouse in: My daughter so loves her Maileg mice in matchboxes.
- Old train: from my local antique market.
- Apple crates (which hold (most) of our kids books): I bought some from antiques markets and some from e-bay.
- Owls: Big one was from Mia Wood in Kew Village (but about a year ago) and the small one was from Zara Home.
- Son’s Bed Linen: Orla Keily Home.
- Monkey cushion on Son’s bed: by Blabla.
- Daughter’s bed: my Dad made (!!!) but it is painted in ‘Elephant’s Breath’ also by Farrow & Ball.
- Daughter’s bed linen & quilt: Both from Zara Home.