KLT:works

When my second baby was born, my uncle sent me a couple darling little onesies ‘made by a local artist’ in my hometown of Mount Vernon, WA (north of Seattle). And when my third was born, he sent me a couple more.  It wasn’t until recently that I sat down to investigate the ‘local artist’ who makes these great designs. And what do you know?!! — it’s none other than the well known Kristin of KLT:works (check out her home tour and interview on Bloesem Kids and Kenziepoo). What a small, small world this is! All the way from my little home town…

In addition to sweet little onesies, Kristin also makes darling mobiles, handmade plush toysletterpress prints and tees (Ivy has this owl tee and it’s super cute!).

-Courtney

1. dina | March 9, 2011 | Reply

Love the critter mobile! sweet stuff….

2. kristin | March 10, 2011 | Reply

I love that you figured out this hometown connection Courtney. Thanks so much for the sweet post! :)

3. Esther in Amsterdam | March 10, 2011 | Reply

I remember your uncle’s cute baby gifts!

4. ChantaleP | March 10, 2011 | Reply

It is a small world! I love Kristen’s design sense and ability to marry amazing textile with her designs. So mod. And who can resist her super cutie model?

5. Angela | March 12, 2011 | Reply

It is a small world. I’ve long loved Kristen’s products but never realized they were made here in my home state of Washington. After looking through her site I realized we met her husband and had a delightful conversation with him last summer in La Conner.

6. Erin | March 14, 2011 | Reply

Oh I love the stuffed slugs! I’m from Vancouver, just north of Mount Vernon (and in Canada, obvs), and the slugs they have there are HUMONGOUS. It’s too brilliant she’s made toys based on them.

7. Erin @ Small Types | March 21, 2011 | Reply

Ooh, these are adorable! And I agree with the other Erin, the Newsworthy Slugs are just awesome! I’m another Pacific Northwest girl, so I’ll be sure to bookmark KLT:Works and shop local!