My daughter just turned 2, and this may be the last birthday party I have control over so we kept it simple — balloons were the theme. We obviously had lots of helium balloons around the house but we managed to find some more unusual balloons to spice up the theme.
- Stripy/beach-ball Japanese paper balloons (which we hung in an alcove and gave away in party bags) available here (thanks to Irene from Bloesem, who helped me track these down!), and I love the animal versions available here.
- Large paper baubles (which hung from our stairs) which come out for practically every party we do. I bought them from RE over 2 years ago — a great party-staple!
- The best ever huge round balloons which I could only find in the US, here, so leave some time for shipping. A big hit though!
- Rabbit shaped balloons and Balloon whistles for party favours. Sadly my balloon shaped cookie cutters didn’t arrive in time (Christmas post!) so I had to improvise (see pictures).
- We didn’t play many party games as I find cake, music and friends is almost all a 2-year-old can cope with but here are some to play with older children.
And I like these ideas as potential prizes or presents for a balloon themed party…
ONE YEAR AGO WE WROTE ABOUT:• Our favourite travel game — Djeco Bingo
• Plümo — (this one is actually for the mums)