Crayola Twistables — a long overdue product

I have shoe-boxes filled with crayons at home – the bulk of which are sad and lonely broken nubs, without labels. As a kid, I remember there was nothing quite as exciting as a shiny new box of crayolas.  I always promised myself that I would handle each of them with care and put them back in the box….but I never ever did… and neither do my kids… thus the crayon graveyard in the shoebox.

Recently, I went to stock up on travel friendly art supplies when I found these twistables in a random pharmacy,  tucked away like some dark dirty secret.  I bought 5 packs immediately feeling like I must have been privy to some mix-up at the plant.   What a super genius idea!  Why did it take so long?!?

They last a long time and they remain intact!  They also come in fun colors schemes like rainbow and glitter.

-Dina

1. Rochelle | April 14, 2010 | Reply

I recall using twistable crayons as a child myself… a great idea! But maybe somewhere along the line they went out of fashion??

2. Siobhan | April 14, 2010 | Reply

I gave these to my son for his 3rd birthday two weeks ago. I love the idea but now he spends more time twisting them than actually colouring! They are still genius though.

3. Courtney | April 14, 2010 | Reply

We also have about three boxes filled with broken crayons!
And I too remember how great it was to get a fresh new box… so funny!

4. justynrebecca | April 15, 2010 | Reply

oh yes, these have been a favorite of ours for years – sadly they do not have them in Kenya yet :( of course it did not take long for Basil to figure out to take them out of their casing and they break easily when out – what s the allure of breaking crayons? I will never know.

5. baroquebabies | April 16, 2010 | Reply

hmmm, cool, as I have the same problem here. They probably do not have them in Germany yet, but maybe I can import them from the States the next time my parents come over!
Thanks

6. Siobhán | April 19, 2010 | Reply

@ baroquebabies

I’m in Germany also and purchased them in this store:

but I see that you can also order them through Amazon.de

Good luck!

7. Babyccino Kids » Beeswax crayons from Muji | April 27, 2010 | Reply

[...] know this isn’t going to help with the whole crayon graveyard problem that Dina wrote about last week, but I just love these beeswax crayons from Muji.  For [...]