- Eco Friendly
- For Kids
- For Mums
- Parenting Topics & Tips
- The Little Things
- The ShopUp
- Theme weeks
- This week…
A while ago Esther and I were asked by the new website Domestic Ease to write a post about how to have a romantic night at home, so as not to spend a fortune on restaurants and babysitters. We had a great time writing the post — some of the tips we have actually tried and tested ourselves while the others we will definitely try out in the future…
Here are our ideas for a fabulous date night that won’t break the bank:
1. Prepare a cheese fondue following this recipe, add some French bread and serve a good, dry white wine. Imagine you’re in the Swiss mountains.
2. Buy a (tango) dance instruction DVD and get moving!
3. Borrow (or rent) a display projector and play something hopelessly romantic on a big screen (a piece of white wall or a white bed sheet) in the living room. Cook up some popcorn and make yourselves comfy on a big blanket with pillows.
4. Buy one of those super big jigsaw puzzles and solve it together. Sweet and cozy.
5. On a hot summer night sleep outside on your balcony or in your garden, use a tent if necessary.
6. Play a stupid board game together. We recommend Twister.
7. Prepare an iTunes playlist of old favorite songs, write down your love memoirs, and look at old photos. Don’t get too sentimental!
8. Dress up for the occasion. Your wedding dress might still fit.
9. Even if you don’t go out, send the kids out. Arrange for kids to sleepover somewhere else so you have the space to yourselves!
10. Romance doesn’t have to end that evening. Make sure to have everything handy for a lovely breakfast in bed the next morning.