Dan Zanes and Friends

sidanI love this man.  I love his hair.  I love his music.  My husband should seriously watch his back.

Dan Zanes sings quintessential, feel good, “family” music — each song more unique and catchy than the next.   He used to be the front man for a band called the Del Fuegos and what I love is that his music is diverse, international and really appeals to parents and kids alike.  My girls are obsessed with him.

While I had my requisite Wiggles phase, just like the rest of the world, I just got so tired of the silly songs and the turtlenecks and that ridiculous “Fruit Salad” song.   Dan Zanes songs prove that kid-friendly music doesn’t have to be about gumdrops and unicorns.  We sing along to him in the car all the time…. even when it’s not in the CD player (scary!).   We also love watching the DVD which is basically the band, playing their instruments and having a good time.  I suggest starting with his first DVD of songs if you are interested in hearing more.   I don’t know what it is about this guy, might just be the hair, but I love that he has my girls singing when they watch him.

-Dina

1. Esther | November 25, 2009 | Reply

I’ve never heard of Dan Zanes, but you made me curious.
And what an easy hairstyle that must be!!
I just ordered his DVD for a Christmas present for the kids.
Here’s the link to Amazon.co.uk!

2. Sarah | November 25, 2009 | Reply

I LOVE Dan Zanes. He’s also done music for non children’s movies. He’s happy, catchy music and you’re right perfect for children and easy for parents to listen to!

3. baroquebabies | November 25, 2009 | Reply

Wow, cool hair! Will check his music out!

4. Louise | November 25, 2009 | Reply

…it was only today that I sat at the traffic lights with “Fruit Salad” booming out of my car speakers!

Other drivers were looking at our car (in pity?) and I thought there has to be another option to keep the kids occupied whilst I am driving!

Thanks for the tip, I am off to itunes to see if I can download some of Dan’s music!

5. Mackenzie | November 25, 2009 | Reply

If you love Dan Zanes – you’ll LOVE Elizabeth Mitchell. Folky, fun, non-corny, feel good music for the whole family! http://www.youaremyflower.org/home.html

6. Courtney | November 25, 2009 | Reply

I’ve never heard of him either! But I’m definitely intrigued…
I’m definitely going to buy this CD for my boys.

xx

7. Emilie | November 28, 2009 | Reply

Love the hair!

8. Karine | November 29, 2009 | Reply

We saw the whole band in concert in Toronto and they were such a blast! We watch DVD, play CD on a very regular basis and don’t get bored of the songs at all.
If you have the chance to go to their concert, don’t hesitate one sec!

9. Mom who needs to get back in shape | February 25, 2010 | Reply

Can we have some info about places where we can workout and leave the baby in their care centers in NYC downtown

10. Mo in London | February 2, 2011 | Reply

He’s on in London at The Royal Festival during Half Term – I’m so excited. I’m going to take Elias for his birthday!