We are getting ready to move. Again. The third time this year. Phew! All I can say is that my kids have been great, and nothing entertains them more than playing with cardboard boxes. On our first move, from Paris to DC, my then 3½-year-old spent hours using rolls of colorful electrical tape to decorate the boxes with her stuff in them. This time around, both my daughters are having loads of fun playing in the boxes — playing peek-a-boo, house, you name it, they play it. It keeps them both entertained, and it doesn’t cost a thing!
For this theme week, I thought I’d do a quick look around the web to see if there were other inspiring projects to do with boxes… here is what I found:
– Talkingchild.com: how to make a puzzle, a doll house, and a dragon out of smaller (shoe box sized) boxes.
– Enchantedlearning.com: how to make a barn for toy animals.
– Marthastewart.com: directions for making a cardboard box oven.
– Indestructables.com: directions for a puppet theater.
– Mylittlehouse.com: offers a pre-made house, that you can decorate as you desire (pictured).