Native Kingdom

native-kingdom-royaume-petits-L-2I have fallen back in love with second-hand clothes, a passion I had when I was a poor student. Now a mother of two growing girls, I have decided that second-hand is back in vogue. There is so much stuff out there at a fraction of the original price.

Second-hand can mean a lot of things and often you need to sort through a lot of stuff before you find a little gem…. This is where Native Kingdom comes in: a new second-hand (otherwise known as vintage) children’s boutique here in Paris.

The clothes rock: vintage printed T-shirts, printed skirts, little leather jackets and jeans, mostly from the ’70-80s era… The clothes are reasonably priced and absolutely fabulous. Unfortunately there is no website, but once there is I will add it on to the post.  In the meantime, here are the details…

Native Kingdom
24 rue du Poitou
75003 Paris
Open Tuesday to Saturday from 11.30-19.30

- Emilie

1. Michela | August 22, 2009 | Reply

I also have found lovely nearly new clothes at second hand children shops!

2. Esther | August 22, 2009 | Reply

Me too, especially when they’re babies and outgrow their clothes so quickly, those clothes are indeed nearly new!

3. Inge | August 27, 2009 | Reply

Hello

Does anybody know the website of native kingdom Paris? I’ve been there to do some shopping and received a business card with the website http://www.nativekingdomparis.com but this link does not work. Really a pitty because it should be that it is possible to order online. Very interesting if you live 400 km away from Paris!

Thank you in advance for a reaction!

Inge from Belgium

4. Emilie | September 1, 2009 | Reply

Unfortunately the website is not up and running yet, but they are planning on having one! The moment it is up I will put the details up on this post!

5. Alison Castle | September 10, 2009 | Reply

I love this shop and would like to sell some of my baby clothes there, but I can’t find the phone number anywhere!! If anybody knows, can they post it here please?

6. Emilie | September 10, 2009 | Reply

I believe it is 0970405480! Hope you get in touch with them. I will say that shop is not always open during its official opening hours. But persist, it is really worth it.

7. Kristin | September 11, 2009 | Reply

This looks really interesting. I can’t wait to check it out while I’m in Paris on Sunday & Monday. thanks for the post!!

8. jeff | December 9, 2009 | Reply

NATIVE KINGDOM left the space at rue poitou. does anyone know where they moved on to?

9. Alison | January 25, 2010 | Reply

They didn’t move, they just up and closed shop—taking all the clothes I had on consignment with them. Grrrrrrr.

10. ANNE | April 17, 2010 | Reply

Bonjour Emilie,
Je suis allée au 24 rue de Poitou mais quelle ne fut pas ma déception de voir une autre boutique à cet endroit ! J’aurais beaucoup aimé discuter avec vous de ce concept génial de boutique vintage pour enfants (et le découvrir en vrai !) et j’espère que vous avez juste trouvé un autre lieu pour continuer votre activité. Si vous me lisez, faites moi signe ! Merci

11. ANNE | April 17, 2010 | Reply

oups, confusion entre la dénicheuse de bonnes adresses et la créatrice de la boutique qui est hélas bien fermée…N’auriez-vous pas une info pour la retrouver si elle a juste déménagé ? merci

12. emilie | April 19, 2010 | Reply

Anne, effectivement la boutique a fermée et malheureusement je n’est aucune nouvelle…. Unfortunately Native Kingdom closed and as far as I know has not reopened somewhere else. I will keep you posted if I hear any news….

13. emilie | April 19, 2010 | Reply

Do check out Leonie et Violette at 27 rue du Poitou, which has a small but really nice collection of second hand kids clothes…