Le Pain Quotidien

pain.jpgLe Pain Quotidien now has branches in 15 different countries and long may it continue expanding.

We are loyal customers at our nearest branch in the Marais. There are several reasons for our frequent visits: the food is healthy, fresh and simple and my whole family, young and old, loves going there. They serve great grilled sandwiches and salads, which are a little bit different from the usual bistro fair.

But the great food is not my main reason for recommending the Pain Quotidien. It is one of the rare places you can find a changing table in the toilets… and high chairs! I know that for most countries this is so normal it is not worth mentioning, but in Paris this a phenomenon!

So to paraphrase: it’s a cafe that serves great food and is child friendly. It doesn’t have much going against it, does it?

- Emilie

1. Kelli | April 23, 2009 | Reply

My hubby and I love this resto! We used to spend lazy Sunday mornings at the Place du Marche St. Honore location.
Since moving back to the States, our closest locations are in LA {5 I think}. While it is not the same, it offers us delicious food with the atmosphere with miss and crave so much.
Worth battling the traffic for any day!

2. Rebecca | April 23, 2009 | Reply

This place is popping up all over DC, and we love it! I think they have some of the most authentic croissants in town, and my daughter can’t get enough of them. Plus, they have an outdoor terrace [at the branch in Eastern Market], which is lovely.

3. Courtney | April 24, 2009 | Reply

Le Pain Quotidien is one of my favorite spots! You can always rely on them for a great breakfast, even if you’re in a city/country that doesn’t really do great breakfasts…

I first discovered this restaurant in Los Angeles (of all places) more than 6 years ago! I loved that you could sit at a big, wooden communal table — it’s such a European concept that was so new to America!

4. Heather | April 24, 2009 | Reply

When we first moved to Moscow I headed straight here. It’s my home from home haven & my 2 year old daughter loves it too. I’m glad to hear other parents suffer with a lack of changing tables. unfortunately our local Russian branch doesn’t have one.

5. Keri | April 24, 2009 | Reply

I found your blog by googling Le Pain Quotidien, I wanted to re-create some of their recipes at home since we don’t have one here in Seattle. I love everything about that restaurant; the communal table, the friendliness of the employees, child friendly, but most importantly, the food. Oh how we miss it.

6. clara | April 30, 2009 | Reply

‘ discovered Pain Quotidian in Brussels lot of years ago and then i re-discovered it in Nice. I love this place with big wooden common tables for breakfast and lunch. The bes product for me are Pralinee tartinable (i don’t know if i write it in the correct way…), and pain au chocolat and brownies.
I’m looking forward to be again in BXL to visit again it!
And what about Italy? I know that once there was one in Rome, but now?
ciaooooooo

7. Angelia in Brussels | April 30, 2009 | Reply

I’m a regular at our local PQD in Brussels…one of the first is right near our apartment. My daughter loves the petit brioche!