Baby Disco

babydisco.jpgThe Palais de Tokyo is one of my favourite museums in Paris — a fantastic avantgarde modern art museum which, by the way, is open from mid-day to midnight (in case you are ever in Paris without your charges).

Not only is it a great museum, but at the moment it also hosts a Baby Disco. By this I mean a full-on, proper disco, complete with poles for dancing, disco balls, live DJs and a revolving dance stage: it’s like a mini studio 54.

The door policy is stricter than in most exclusive private member clubs! Only kids from 4-7 get to go to the disco for an hour and dance around at their heart’s content. No one else is allowed, except to look through a discreet little window.

The Disco is part-sponsored by Little Marc Jacobs, the dance classes (one a month) are organised by the trend setting boutique Colette, and there are live DJ gigs and choreographers to animate the whole thing.  Can it get any cooler than that for little hipsters? Click here to see the Baby Disco in action on its own MySpace page.

The disco is on at the Palais de Tokyo until January 2009 and sessions and dance classes need to be booked in advance.

– Emilie

1. Kristin | October 24, 2008 | Reply

that is so cool, it’s a little scary how cool that is!!!!

2. Esther | October 25, 2008 | Reply

I know! Extremely cool! And I love the door policy.
I wish I was 4!

3. Courtney | October 25, 2008 | Reply

Well you know if Marc Jacobs and Collete are behind something this, it ought to be good! :)

4. Emilie | October 25, 2008 | Reply

I know! It is the kind of thing that actually might appeal even more to the moms than the kids, it is that cool!

5. Silvia - Milano | October 26, 2008 | Reply

Wonderful! a place where kids are completely by themselves, without any interference by adults that sometimes are worst then the kids..!
Anyone, who goes to playgrounds often enough, will agree with me!

6. Katie | October 26, 2008 | Reply

a party idea other than play gyms; finally. my brother is a dj and I am planning a kiddi disco for his next birthday though I know I will be scrutinising the playlist before hand, I need to guarantee kiddi friendly lyrics to avoid a kiddi disco law suit!

7. Esther | October 27, 2008 | Reply

Yes, might be better not to have M&M on the playlist! :-)

8. Sunnyday | November 4, 2008 | Reply

You’ve got to hand it to some people who really have imagination. I’m sure kids will love the variation from the usual playground activity.

But I wonder what made the people behind it decide to include a pole in the disco. The place, after all, is meant for children — it seems pole-dancing is not one activity that would complement the innocence of 4-7-year-olds.

9. Yet Another Reason To Move To Paris | Droolicious | Babble Australia | January 9, 2009 | Reply

[…] Source Tags: […]